Concept of the event
“SABAH – LAND BELOW THE WIND” is a 7 day event travelling around Sabah starting from Kota Kinabalu. With the theme of CHAN (Culture, Cuisine & Conservation, History, Heritage & Humanism, Adventure & Agriculture, Nature & Nightlife), this trip will take the traveler on a journey of discovery of the diversity of cultures in Sabah, its History & Heritage, visiting the Agricultural places, experiencing adventure by Land, Air, and Water, and viewing and enjoying the beautiful nature of Sabah in a 4×4 convoy. This event will capture each of the CHAN concept with different places & activities in Sabah.
TBLBW offers 10 in 1 concept in 1 event, which gives participants a buffet of the Sabah experience making it an unforgettable experience!!
GET SABAH MOVING AGAIN!!
Highlight of the event
- Visit Amazing Sabah
- 7-days journey
- +/- 100 participants
- Experiencing CHAN (Culture & Cuisine, History, Heritage & Humanism, Adventure & Agriculture, Nature & Nightlife)
- Scenic, Panoramic & Unforgettable Drive
Objectives of the event
- To promote tour destinations in Sabah
- To promote travel and tourism in Sabah to local and specific international audience
- To promote (CHAN) in Sabah
- To explore the natural beauty splendor & majesty of Sabah
- To challenge men and machine against the great outdoors while enjoying CHAN
The Trans Borneo-Land below the Wind (TB-LBW) will be open to two classes of participants which are:
- The Touring Class which will include standard stock 4 wheel drives without modifications which will use the highway routes from place to place,
- The Hardcore participants who will travel through rugged and challenging routes and terrain.
Both classes should be able to rendezvous at the arranged destinations but at different times.
Itinerary: (Subject to Change)
|Day||Itinerary||CHAN Activities||Distance / Time/ Road Condition|
|Day 1||Kota Kinabalu – Mari Mari Cultural Village -Tamaza|
Absailing, Zipline, Campfire
|Day 2||Tamaza – *Mesilau (UMS) – *Mamut – *Lemburan|
|Day 3||Lemburan – Tangkulap Forest Reserve *Kun Kun|
|Day 4||Imbak Canyon – Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation – Agnes Keith’s House||Nature||111km|
|Day 5||Sepilok – Sukau – Tabin Wildlife Reserve||Nature||75km|
|Day 6||Tabin Wildlife Reserve – Semporna – Bohey Dulang|
30mins boat ride
|Day 7||Bohey Dulang – Semporna (Cultural Show) – End||Culture – Island hopping|
30mins boat ride
Limited to 25 – 30 vehicles
with maximum 100 participants
Registration will be open on 01/10/2021
Entry Fee (Subject to Sponsorship)
RM2,100 per pax for public entries
RM2,500 per pax for jump seater
RM1,750 per pax for students and trainees
(Young Trans Borneo Explorer from Tourism, Automotive & Multi-media fields)
Corporate entries: RM7,500 per vehicle
Payment for entry fee payable to:
Name Bank: MAYBANK BERHAD
Acc. No. 0100 7750 5375
North Borneo Explorer Sdn Bhd
Swift Code : MBBEMYKL
PARTICIPANTS WILL GET …….
- Invitation to welcome dinner & closing dinner
- Certificate of participation
- Lucky draw (Hotel Room, Battery, Tools, Tyre, etc etc (Subject to Sponsorship)
- Food and accommodation, where stated
- Souvenir program
- Official Shirt & T-shirt
- Entry to all locations stated
- Tour guides
- Mechanical assistance
- Whatever the organizers may decide and declare from time to time as the situation arise
PROMOTION OF THE EVENT
- Via press / media conferences / releases
- Engage media partners to join & write about the expedition
- TV Coverage / Local TV Station (RTM)
- Tour operators
- YouTube / Youtubers
- NBE’s website (transborneo.net)
- MOTAC’s (TM) website under upcoming events
- STB’s website under upcoming events
- MITA, MATTA, STGA, SHA
- Flyers, Brochures, Posters, Newspaper articles
PAST EVENTS COVERAGE
- Borneo Post, April 21st 1996
– Silverstone Trans-Borneo 1996 : Mud, Sweat & Gears
- Book : Mystical Borneo : Through the eyes of the historic Silverstone Trans
– Borneo Expedition
Borneo Off-Road Adventure : The Perodua Trans Borneo Kembara Expedition 1998
- Sabah Tourism Magazine
– Trans Borneo Expedition 2014 : A collaboration of Nations – to develop Borneo as a premier overland destination
- Daily Express, New Sabah Times & See Hua Daily News
– Pajero Sports Family : Touring Tiga Negara 2016 : Borneo Escape
|Type of Sponsorship||Benefits / Package||Value|
Benefits of Trans Borneo – Land Below the Wind
- Diverse Content
Moving advertisement of CHAN unlike most events, which is in situ, e.g. BIM Borneo International Marathon in Kota Kinabalu, Mt. Kinabalu Climbathon in Kundasang, Regatha Lepa-Lepa in Semporna, Pesta Rumbia in Kuala Penyu, TB-LBW advertises and promotes 20-25 activities and places around Sabah.
- Exciting Medium
Sabah is promoted in an exciting combination of activities under CHAN. There is something to attract a wide range of tourists.
- Promote Large area of Sabah
Covers West Coast, Northern Sabah, Interior, and East Coast. We have covered the South in past and will do so again the future.
- New Markets
It is designed to target the local domestic and travel bubble market, and new markets for Sabah and Malaysia.
- Top End to the Low end
This program has the elements which includes the top end product to the lower range and will benefit the whole spectrum of product operators.
- Involvement of rural tourism
Under the concept of “No Star”, tourists are forewarned of the variety of accommodations which will include rural elements and include the participation of “Out Of Town” or rural accommodation and attractions.
- Healthy Outdoor Living
The event promotes the outdoors and encourage outdoor activities and quality time between families and friends.
- Tak Kenal, Tak Sayang
The TB-LBW will introduce Sabah to the Domestic Malaysian market and Travel Bubble market and create knowledge, interest, curiosity and the desire to come to Sabah. This will also be a step towards National Integration.